InfanDx AG is a privately held company focusing on the development and commercialization of novel diagnostic solutions for child health.
Lead by a team of seasoned industry experts, the Company pursues the development of a portfolio of highvalue diagnostic opportunities in prenatal testing, neonatal acute and critical care, and infant health.
InfanDx is headquartered at the BioCampus Cologne in the West of Cologne, has a branch office in Berlin, Germany, and a wholly-owned subsidiary, InfanDx USA, Inc., in Boston, MA, USA.
To strengthen our dynamic and interdisciplinary team developing a new product based on proprietary technology in the area of Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) we are looking for a
Scientist DNA Sequencing Technologies – 2nd and 3rd Generation (w/m/d)
at the earliest possible convenience working full-time at our Headquarter at BioCampus Cologne. The position reports to the COO.
What we expect of you ...
- You develop, adapt, and optimize workflows for 2nd and 3rd generation sequencing using DNA extracted from tissue and plasma
- You plan, design, and conduct analytical studies to establish performance characteristics of such workflows
- You support development of analysis pipelines and conduct the analysis of data generated by such workflows
- You support the maintenance of the laboratory instrumentation
- Ensure documentation excellence in compliance with applicable quality standards leading to publications and regulatory filings
- Play an active role in proposing and evaluating new technologies and platforms
What you offer ...
- Master / PhD in molecular biology, molecular medicine, biotechnology, biochemistry, or a related discipline
- 2+ years of post-educational, theoretical and practical experience in the development and use of 2nd or 3rd generation sequencing methods
- Practical knowledge in a variety of analysis methods used with NGS DNA sequencing data
- Solid bioinformatic skills are an advantage
- Profound knowledge and practical experience in working with cell-free DNA
- Proven ability to work independently as well as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Quick perception, ability to think analytically and creatively
- An independent, self-starting and structured work style with attention to detail focused on delivering results and solutions
- Very good oral and written language skills, either German or English; basic German and English language skills are a must
- Strong communication capabilities and presentation skills
- Professional skills in the use of the software packages customary in the industry (including but not limited to MS Office)
- A friendly, yet confident demeanor towards superiors, colleagues and external parties
- A robust, calm, and well-humored temper
What we offer you...
- An exciting role in a growth-oriented, innovative company with a flat hierarchy and short decision-making paths
- Flexible working hours
- A fair compensation
- Excellent and diverse development opportunities in a dynamically growing company
- A dynamic work environment in a team that successfully combines experienced industry experts with young high potentials
- A subsidized membership with qualitrain, giving you access to 5,000 sports and health facilities throughout Germany
- A subsidized job ticket for public transportation
- Free cold drinks, fresh coffee, and healthy snacks
- Great colleagues who make work enjoyable and are always up for team events, both in Berlin and Cologne.
Do you see yourself in this job profile? If yes, we are looking forward to your detailed CV by email.
Please also include the reference number below, your earliest availability and your salary expectations.
Reference Number: HR2023_001